Monday, August 25, 2014

Art Heals

My own version of therapy: I took out my rage against the forces of nature a few days ago on two perfectly harmless canvases. In my opinion, the paintings on them were mediocre -- but I could have sold them or given them away to someone who might have enjoyed them. No matter...they were in the cross hairs of my whatever...

So, with brush, paint and palette knives I destroyed two very innocent paintings that had never done anyone any wrong. On top of the abstract images I plastered paint and it soothed my psyche.

Today, I went back, in somewhat of a better place. Remarkably, I found that I wasn't doing damage,
maybe even improving the images a bit. I'll share them here -- only to point to a couple of works in progress that have healing powers.



Fireworks, Oil on Canvas, 12"x12"



                                                        
                                         "Hidden Meanings," Oil on Canvas, 24"x24"

 
A section of "Hidden Meanings"

 
Another section of "Hidden Meanings"

 
And still another section of "Hidden Meanings"
 
I highly recommend the process!

No comments: